Irish International Taekwon Do
website is designed to provide you with information about our
training facility, our style of Taekwon Do, our Instructors and
provide you with information on how to contact and locate us.
What is Taekwon Do?
Taekwon Do is a modern martial art, which was created by General Choi Hong Hi in 1955
and is characterised by its fast,
high and spinning kicks.
There are multiple interpretations for the name Taekwon Do.
Taekwon Do is often translated as 'the art of hand and foot.'
Tae = 'Foot' or 'to kick' or 'to jump' Kwon = 'Fist' or 'to strike or block with hand' Do = 'The way of' or 'art'
Put this together and Taekwon Do means: "The art of kicking and
"A Way of Life."
Objectives of Taekwon Do:
1. to develop an appreciation for Taekwon Do as a sport and
2. to achieve physical fitness through positive
3. to improve mental discipline and emotional equanimity.
4. to learn self-defence skills.
5. to develop a sense of responsibility for one self and
Irish International Taekwon
Unit 25B, Westpoint Business Park,